Sunday 11 March 2012

Week of March 5

This week I was a lot happier with what I came up with. My piece is more interesting and I am more excited about the possible directions it could go in.

-The flute part needs articulations, and could use irregular slurring patterns to bring out accents.
-Piano could accent the accented notes with chords, or with a unison note (to save large chord gesture for later).
-In the cello part, the open A string against lower notes (on double stops) might be too resonant compared to the lower note. If it is, the piano could double the lower note to bring it out more.
-The piano could have runs lading up to the flute's high accented notes.
-I could mess around with the ADSR envelope, ie. one instrument can do the attack on a note, while another sustains the note.
-An interesting texture/extended technique to try would be to have the flute playing into the piano with the pedal down (flute's mid range works best for this).

No comments:

Post a Comment