Monday 16 January 2012

Thoughts week of January 9-13 2012

Classmembers thought that I should try the following:

-Taking random notes out of sixteenth note runs and bringing them up an octave or two, to create little 'flashes' of higher sonorities.

-Not giving all my ideas at once. Start with all sixteenth notes for a while, not using one concrete rhythm, but having adjustments in tempo. Later on add the left hand. Spread out ideas so that they occur naturally in waves.

-Adding in the odd chromatic note so that it doesn't become predictable.

-In my second section, try using the sixteenth note idea from the beginning underneath the right hand.

-Not having totally regular tempo.

I agree with most of these comments. I'm usually afraid of a piece becoming overly repetitious, which, I think, is why I throw all my ideas down at once. I could definitely benefit from settling on one idea and expanding it before moving on to another one. I also liked the idea of bring out a note every so often from the sixteenth notes and moving it up an octave for little sparks of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment