Sunday 12 February 2012

Week of January 30-February 3

This week I presented my second piano piece, which has a much darker feel than my first one.
People's comments were:

-Instead of spending less time on the introduction, try spending the same amount of time while changing small details in the material in order to hold the listener's interest.
-Also in the introduction, I could try changing registers (moving lower or higher) or planing.
-Try out different sounds to make it even darker-sounding.
-Add a technique marking at the beginning about rubato.
-I could add more intervals to create more change and keep interest (using 7ths or 3rds).
-The octaves in the left hand could be moved down an octave to make a more resonant and deep sound.
-Tied whole notes in this time signature (5/4) need to be written as either 3 + 2 or 2+3. 
-In some spots where I had octaves, single notes could be more effective. 

I think all of these were really useful comments, however sometimes I find the number of suggestions a bit overwhelming, as it's hard not to try to incorporate all of them into your next revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment